Thursday, December 11, 2008

One Year Post Cesarean

I often thought of asking other mothers to write about this subject, but now I face this subject eye to eye on my son's first birthday. I know that I should be thinking about more pleasant things and how grateful I am for such an amazing and beautiful little boy, but when I think of his "birth" day it often still brings nightmares.
Would I change anything that happened? Of course not because without the birth experience I had, and the first hand experience of how traumatic and devastating a cesarean section can be, I would not have seek for an ICAN chapter in my area only to find out there was not one.
I would not be here helping women in my area and helping to prevent unnecessary and very unwanted cesareans.
I personally know of one I prevented just with one of our meetings, and the feeling it gave me made me cry. Knowing I helped this woman avoid what I went through was the whole reason I started this.
Not many women understand my struggle, and that is ok, because I will always remind myself that "Some people, just don't understand" and I am not going to make anyone try and understand.
I just want to thank everyone who has been accepting, loving, supportive, and informative over the past year, you will never know the true impact that you have made on myself, my soul, and my family.
For that I say Thank you.

No comments: